Friday, March 13, 2009

We're Home - Finally!

After a long 11 days in Utah waiting for all the paperwork to go between the 2 states, we are finally home with our sweet new baby boy, Forest. The paperwork actually took 8 days; the other 3 days were spent with Forest in the hospital right after he was born. It was so hard to take him home but not to our home.

I do have to say, however, that my father's cousin and his wife, who we stayed with, were so amazing to us. They took care of us and helped out, and basically treated us like their own children and grandchildren. We owe them! Not that we can ever really repay them, but it made the whole experience so much better. I can't imagine how hard it would've been if we had been in a hotel the whole time.

Kent brought our 2 girls up with him after being home with them for 2 days. So we all got to spend the week together, and the girls got to spend time with their new baby brother. I'll post pictures of their first time seeing him. It was so cute! For now, we are exhausted and ready to get some rest.

6 comments:

Van Cott Family said...

Welcome home!!!
--Julie

Financial Aid for College said...

Bless you! Bless you all, Farnies!
Grandma-Lorie I'm so happy for you!

Scott and Jeri Jones Family said...

Kim,
We are so happy for your sweet family. I can't wait to see your beautiful son. He is so blessed to have such a loving family!
Jeri Jones

Omgirl said...

I'm so glad you're home with him! I'm sorry I missed you while you were here though. HOpefully we'll see each other sometime soon and I can meet Forest in person.

Sara Schumacher said...

Awww Kim he is so precious. Congratulations! Let me know if you ever need anything. Having a new baby is so exhausting! I can't wait to meet Forest! By chance, was he adopted through LDS Family Services?

Peggy said...

What a beautiful baby boy! He's precious! Congratulations! The pictures of the girls with him are so adorable! If you need anything please let me know... afterall I do have 4 sons with #5 on the way! ;)