When I think about all that has happened in the last couple of years, it is overwhelming. It's no wonder my body rebelled and broke down. Here are all the changes that we've experienced in the last 2 years:
- Kent got a new job - (OCT 2008)
- I got called as RS president and Kent as assistant ward clerk (the exact callings we had in our previous ward BTW) - (OCT 2008)
- We bought and moved into our first home - (NOV 2008)
- We started the adoption process - (NOV 2008)
- Kent finished his masters thesis and graduated - (DEC 2008)
- Forest was born and became a part of our family - (MAR 2009)
- Both sets of grandparents (Kent's side and mine) left for missions overseas - (MAY 2009)
- We finalized Forest's adoption and were sealed to him - (NOV 2009)
- Found out Forest's birthmom was pregnant again and started the adoption process again - (DEC 2009)
- I was released as RS president - (FEB 2010)
- Forest's birthmom disappeared (and probably kept the baby) - (FEB 2010)
- We were matched with a new birthmom due in May - (APR 2010)
- At the end of May she changed her mind and decided to parent her baby - (MAY 2010)
- My parents came home from their mission - (JUN 2010)
- My sister got married - (JUN 2010)
- We were matched to Kiira's birthmom - (JUN 2010)
- 2 weeks later Kiira was born almost 4 weeks early...surprise!!! - (JUL 2010)
- Kiira became a part of our family - (JUL 2010)
- We finalized Kiira's adoption and were sealed to her - (SEP 2010)
- ....and the rest is history....
I'm just saying that one can only run as fast as one has strength. I had been running a crazy marathon, and when I hit the finish line (adopting Kiira), my body just gave out.
But I came to appreciate so many things during my "down" time - the kindness of friends and family, my 4 beautiful children, my amazing husband who took over with the kids without complaint, and just a general appreciation of being able to do the simple things. I am a blessed woman. And I am so grateful to be back to myself again ready to face the next marathon or whirlwind or drama or whatever may come...