Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wheezy!

My little Bekah was called a "happy wheezer" on Sunday, and it was actually a compliment. She's had pneumonia for almost 2 weeks, and on Sunday morning I got a scare when she was really struggling to breath for almost 2 hours. I gave her breathing treatments and the whole nine yards. I was freaking out. I took her to an urgent care, where they basically told me again that she has pneumonia and added 2 more medications to the 3 she was already taking. The whole time Bekah was playing and happy and really showing no signs of distress other than her wheezing. As we were leaving the doctor said, "Well, at least she's a happy wheezer!"

So, this has been my life the last week or so: breathing treatments, sneaking meds into her juice so she'll actually take them, and generally being a worried mother. I've always been a worrier, and I even used to worry about how much I would worry as a mother. Maija has inherited my worrying disorder and catches anything worrisome I might say and then proceeds to...worry! Somehow I feel like a hypocrite when I tell her, "Maija, don't worry about it!" What do they say? Practice what you preach?

On a more upbeat note, we closed on our house! We are pretty excited, even though there's a lot of work to be done. But at least it's OUR house! I'll post pics after we move in.

Some Funny Moments

* Today at another doctor's appointment with Bekah, she said to me, "Mommy, you so funny!"

* Me: "Bekah, we need to change your poopy diaper." Bekah: "No, I don't want poop!" ( Yeah, well neither do I!!!!!)

4 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Congrats on the house! And getting over pneumonia...Bria had it a couple years ago, and she was 6, so it must be so hard with a toddler.

Jen Johnson said...

you poor thing, you must be exhausted! I came by to deliver goodies and you weren't there. I will have to stop by again with some more goodies another night!
jen

Omgirl said...

Bekka can say "Mommy you're so funny."? that's amazing. Beck doesn't talk that well at all.

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

You are such a good mommy and I love your little ones. I hope she feels better soon. Love you!