Monday, September 28, 2009

Still Waiting to Finalize

Yep, we are STILL waiting for the judge assigned to our case to just LOOK at our papers and set a date for the finalization. Usually couples are able to finalize within a week or two of their 6 month date (6 months after placement of the child). So, here we are almost a month after our 6 month date, and we have NO idea when we'll be able to finalize.

I keep calling the lawyers and asking, "Have you heard anything?" Then they call the judge's clerks and call me back, "Nothing yet." My sister was quick to remind me that the legal system can be slow. That's what makes me so nervous. This could take a long time if the judge feels like it. We've been saying lots of prayers that we'll be able to finalize soon. I can't help but feel like there is a reason why we're experiencing this delay. I keep thinking that some good will come out it. Actually, I know that good will come out of it. It's just hard to know WHAT that could be.

I am looking forward to traveling to Upstate NY next week to attend my 20 year high school reunion. I can't wait to be in NY in the Fall and to see the beautiful trees. It'll also be fun to see old friends from school and also some of my old church friends who are still in the area. Maybe by the time we get back we'll be able to head up to Utah to finalize Forest's adoption.

Wish us luck! Cross your fingers! Say a few prayers for us... all positive vibes are welcome!

3 comments:

Jen Johnson said...

Is it just you going to NY or your whole family? I will pray that the finalization will come soon!

Kelsey said...

Sorry it's taking longer! All I can say is everything happens for a reason its the waiting and finding out why that sucks!! You'll be in our prayers and have fun in NY.

Unknown said...

Hi Kim! You are amazing! Patience stinks doesnt it! I love your kids and your little man has the cutest chubby cheeks! He reminds me of my kids chubby cheeks when they were babies! You are so bless, I will pray for you! You are always in my heart! Give the kids a hug for me! Deanna