Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just Me and Kiira

What a whirlwind of a weekend we had! Now that baby Kiira is officially ours, we get to wait for the Interstate Compact (ICPC) process. This is where the legal papers have to be processed at the state level for both the sending state (Georgia) and the receiving state (Arizona). Basically, Kiira can't leave Georgia until we get permission. The process can take anywhere from a week to 2 weeks.

This means that the rest of our children are in Arizona while we wait here. In the end, we decided that Kent should go home to take care of our crew while I stay here with Kiira to wait for ICPC. He left last night, and I can't tell you how hard it was to have him leave and know that he'll be seeing my other 3 children while Kiira and I will be here on our own. On the other hand, this will be my only chance to have one-on-one time with Kiira which will make for good bonding. I know that once I get home and have all 4 children together, there won't be much alone time with Kiira. So I'm determined to make the best of this time and enjoy some good mother-daughter bonding.

Here are some more pictures of Kiira:


6 comments:

Jen Johnson said...

too cute! Enjoy the peaceful moments with her!

Unknown said...

She is soo tiny! I can't wait to meet her! What a blessing to have some alone time - alone time is soo hard to find. It will give her (and her new mama) a chance to breathe before the craziness of siblings insues!
She is soo perfect! Congratulations!

Amy Lou said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I hope your time in Georgia goes quickly.

crista said...

Congrats on your wonderful adoption...I remember fondly since we adopted our little boy in may and the bonding time is so important! those are the moments you will cherish forever, yes many tears but happy tears!

I am in Georgia so hopefully this weather isnt killing you!! :)

Brooke said...

Enjoy the alone time!

Financial Aid for College said...

What sweet darlingness! She is straight from heaven, and meant just for you. Has her big brother noticed any similarities or differences between his sisters, and with himself and Kiira?

I do love that name!