Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Finagle's Law of Dynamic Negatives

"Finagle's Law of Dynamic Negatives (also known as Finagle's corollary to Murphy's Law) is usually rendered:
Anything that can go wrong, will—at the worst possible moment"
Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finagle's_law

Yes, after spending an entire blog rejoicing that my children were FINALLY better, we spent another night with a vomiting child. Poor Rebekah was having such a hard time with her cough that it actually made her gag and, once again, throw up. I've hesitated blogging since then for fear of subjecting myself to Finagle's Law of Dynamic Negatives. In other words, I didn't want to be wrong again, or tempt fate, or however else it could be stated.

So... we are all doing much better, just in time to have my family come to town and get ready for Thanksgiving. I'm making my first turkey this year....we'll see how it goes. My sister had to tell me that the stuffing goes inside the turkey, so even though I wasn't in charge of sides for the dinner, I would still be in charge of the stuffing. Lest you think I'm completely ignorant, I DID know that stuffing usually goes inside the turkey, but I had conveniently forgotten that now that it's my turn to cook the turkey. Oh, the peace of having a selective memory!

The one sad thing for our family will be not being able to be with Kent's family. They're all headed up to Pinetop to be with Linda and Woody, and Kristi's family. Luckily, my father is popular enough with Kent's brother, Owen, that they're coming back on Friday so the boys can golf together. At least we'll get a chance to see them this week.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! (See my previous blog for one of the things I'm most grateful for.)

Kimberlina and family

No comments: