Sunday, December 2, 2007

Post Traumatic Stress

Does surviving over a month of sick children, not to mention being sick myself and having my mother get sick from my children, count as severe enough stress to require a recovery period? I feel like I have spent the last few days recovering physically and mentally from the constant worrying, cleaning, comforting, and lack of sleep.

I think I can officially say (well, at least for this moment right now) that we are all healthy. Now I realize that doesn't mean that tomorrow (or even tonight) I won't wake up to another sick child, but I will comfort myself with the thought that I haven't had to run the washing machine 24 hours a day or give the same child 2 or 3 baths a day for a few days now.

With that happy thought, we are all getting excited for Christmas and the whole holiday season. Maija is now old enough to know that it's Christmas time. She knows that Santa will come and bring her presents and loves to sing "Frosty the Snowman". Tonight, as my parents were visiting us one last time before leaving town tomorrow, we asked Maija to sing for Grandpa. She had just learned a few days ago that my father's name is Frosty, so she breaks out with, "Frosty the grandpa...." I guess she was serious because when we all burst out in laughter, she looked a little hurt.

Another fun item to add to the blog, Rebekah said her first word tonight, "Ju ju". She was asking for juice, and was happily chanting "ju ju" over and over as soon as she got her juice. They grow up too fast!

Kimberlina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suffering traumatic stress can affect your emotions as well as your body and the two are so connected that it can be hard to tell the difference. For instance, traumatic stress can cause you to lose concentration, forget things, or have trouble sleeping. It may be difficult to determine on your own whether these symptoms are because you do not feel well physically or because you are still upset. http://www.xanax-effects.com/