Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Feel The Earth Move

That's not just a Carole King song. As Kent and I were sitting in the family room enjoying the quiet while our kids played outside, I looked over at our fish tank and saw the water sloshing around. I thought, "How could that happen?" I said to Kent, "What's going on with the fish tank?" and before he could answer I felt the couch moving around. It took me a few seconds to realize it was an earthquake. The swaying stopped before we could even call to our children who were all fine.

We turned on our TV assuming we'd see all kinds of reporting about the quake, but not a single channel was broadcasting anything about it. So, next place to go was the internet. Kent found out it was a 6.9 (now reported to be a 7.2) magnitude earthquake that hit Baja California just south of the border. To read more about it, you can go here.

Since Arizona has basically no weather other than hot and hotter, this was a big event for us. :-) Glad we don't live in California.

1 comment:

*Katie May* said...

I am sad I missed it but nothing better than a Sunday nap :)